Playboy Model!

              Yes it's True!  

http://m.youtube.com/#/user/ldyreal

                         

   

                                       

I had my first job at 16 like any other girl does, I set out on a Saturday looking for part-time work in my jeans and a pink velour top and I came across a Taco Bell that was hiring and I was hired on the spot and was so excited and down the road I saw that May Co. was hiring for one of their new stores. They were looking for people that they could groom into full-time employees after school let out and I was very excited about that they saw promising me they saw I was intelligent and that I presented well and they hired me for the China and Crystal Department. It was working there I met a woman whose husband wasn't director for The Little Rascals movies and she told me I was wasting my time and that I should be modeling, well many men had told me this I'm 5 foot 9 and weighed 125 pounds so hearing this from another woman and one with some Cinema background gave me some reason to feel like maybe I should. She told me to take some snapshots Polaroid's into any agency that was reputable and that's all I needed I didn't need anything professional to get me started the agencies would take care of that if they were legitimate so my boyfriend at the time took some Polaroids of me and we called The Screen Actors Guild to get a list of franchised agents in the area I live near Hollywood and I took my photos to the Nina Blanchard Agency on Hollywood and Highland which is considered like the Ford modeling agency of its day.
           
(one of the snapshots)

When I arrived at Mina Blanchard's I was greeted bye a lovely receptionist and behind her wound a huge portrait of Brooke Shields who was probably 16 at the time I was then taken back to one of the agents office, who looked at my snapshots and then had me stand up and turn around, she reached into her desk and pulled out a flyer and she said to me very matter-of-factly, "at 20 your to old for us" she went on to explain that I was beautiful and could easily work as a model in this city and then handed the paper to me which had on it the name of five different prominent modeling agencies that she felt would want to represent me, all I needed to do was pick up the phone call them and see if they were taking representation at the time and what they required of me on the list was Mary Webb Davis, Playboy models Inc, I don't remember the other three but I do remember Mary Webb Davis was very interested in me however they wanted my hair cut extremely short and dyed platinum blonde they wanted to send me to Europe and thought that I would do Vogue .


 I didn't want my hair cut short they weren't aware of my gender issue obviously and my boyfriend was chomping at the bit for me to do Vogue and for us to go to Europe however I wouldn't cut my locks. 
I ended up calling Playboy and spoke with one of the booking agents that had me come in with my snapshots and I spoke with the head of the agency Iriana Kamal.


The first thing we did was sit down and strategize how we would build my portfolio she proceeded to give me a list of photographers that worked with the agency she taught me how to barter photos for photos.

( myself shot by Alan Bali-photographer)


 I would take photos with the photographer that he would want or she would want for photos that I would want that would help build my portfolio so every week I would bring in new pictures to help build my book.


One day the office was very chaotic girls were coming in and out and the phones were ringing off the hook as I was leaving the boss said to me "what size are your breasts"? I said to her "I'm a full b-cup" she had told me they were having trouble booking a job and if I could did I mind stopping by and seeing if I could get it? So of course I went down, and the place was also crazy there were girls coming in and out of the place like a revolving door.


A girl coming in, a girl going out as it came my turn to go in there were two men and two women behind a desk and a couple other people in back of the room when I walked up I was instructed to remove my top and my bra as I did so and sat on the stool that I was instructed suddenly the woman on the end said "get the photographer and the hand model" suddenly a young woman of color came up with a stethoscope and place them between my breasts as a photographer came and placed himself about 10 ft in front of the two of us and he gave the four people behind the desk of Nod, at that moment the woman that did the talking said "call Playboy and tell them to stop sending models Reagan Brooks is perfect"! That was music to my ears. I was asked to be put on the phone and I was told could I swing by the office and sign the contracts with the agency it was that day I was officially signed with Playboy before I had a complete book!
I'm unaware of any other women that signed with Playboy before they completed their portfolio.


It was at that time I started to pursue entertainment as my full-time career I joined after the American Federation of television and radio artists.


Which allowed me to work in television as well as do featured Parts in movies, so I started seeking representation for theatrical work and Commercial work but Playboy also represented me a little bit commercially and theatrically one way they were working with me is I used their acting coach which was very beneficial and I booked a gig with the new Hollywood Squares,


I was their Appliance model I would come out when there was either a car or a washing machine it was a lot of fun and they made very good money at the time after as base scale was $750 an hour. I always had a private dressing room and everyone was always so wonderful and kind of course knowing new my past and why would they it's no different if I had a cleft palate that had been repaired and no one could tell.
I became the spokes model for "Hot Locks Hair Design on the Sunset Strip"




I started working allot in Los Angeles and things were exciting.


Soon I was spending Friday night's at Playboy Mansion West and Saturdays laying out at the pool with the girls next door.




As my career stared to take off I was happy to be booking jobs.



However modeling was never my choice of career.

I always wanted to be a married woman, a simple housewife, one that is busy in her community. 

Under construction 🖒😊💓



                 
   

Comments